The Brisbane City Council elections are on Saturday 19 March 2016.
As the Councillor for The Gabba Ward, one of the last services I can offer is to assist you with a Postal Vote or an Electoral Visitor vote to ensure your vote is counted.
If you are unable to go to a Polling Booth on election day you can still vote by:
- Phoning the Electoral Commission on 1300 881 665 and asking them to send you a postal vote
- Completing the enclosed application form and sending to:
- Electoral Commission Queensland, GPO Box 1393, Brisbane, QLD, 4001, or
- The Gabba Ward Office, 2/63 Annerley Road, Woolloongabba, or
- Phoning The Gabba Ward Office on 3403 2165 to arrange for your application form to be collected. This can be done for your application to vote, but not for the actual voting papers.
You can also go to Pre Polling Booths from 7 March until 18 March, between 9am and 5pm weekdays. The Pre Polling Booths are located at:
- Brisbane City Hall, Sandgate Room, Adelaide Street
- Unit 4, 34 Nile Street, Woolloongabba
The locations of Polling Booths on Election Day are:
- Dutton Park State School Hall, 112 Annerley Rd, Dutton Park
- East Brisbane State School Hall, Wellington Rd, East Brisbane
- St Joseph’s Primary School Meeting Room ‘Coolock’, Anglesey St, Kangaroo Point
- Mater Hospital, Cnr Stanley St & Raymond Tce, South Brisbane
- St Francis Church Hall, 47 Dornoch Tce, Highgate Hill
- St Ita’s Primary School, Cnr Pope St & Waterview Tce, Dutton Park
- Brisbane State High School, Ernest St, South Brisbane
- The Little Kings Movement for the Handicapped, Cnr Carl St & O’Keefe St, Buranda
- St Pauls Anglican Church Hall, 554 Vulture St, East Brisbane
- West End State School, 24 Vulture St, West End